Aloha!

My name is Heather Brown and I am an artist on the North Shore of Oahu. You can see my art at www.heatherbrownart.com

Mahalo!

Tuesday, January 14, 2020


In 2005 through 2009 I was painting every night after working as a dive master and boat captain on the North Shore. While now, I certainly like my zzzzzz's, I always think about the days living in a 300 square foot place, waking up in the morning, going to work, coming home, moving all my furniture and everything I had our of the way so I could paint, matt prints, stretch giclees and package everything. While it was very tiring (from never getting enough sleep) and I was working multiple jobs to fuel my passion I would never give up that time. I never thought my art would be accepted, so I thank you all for your support and Aloha through the years! When I get tired at my easel, I think of your smiles, when I am hand embellishing Artist proofs, I think of the times that we shared our Aloha together and when I see someone connect with my art, it brings me more smiles and the warmth in my heart that only your happiness can bring.
I painted Spring during that period and it was the first piece that I did on a more monochromatic tone. It was and is still one of my absolute favorite pieces to this day.
Mahalo! Mahalo!! Mahalo!!!


spring by heather brown modern surfing art
Heather Brown Modern Surf Art "Spring" Limited Release giclee on paper

surf art of Hawaii 2020
Framed "Spring" by Heather Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment