Aloha!

My name is Heather Brown and I am an artist on the North Shore of Oahu. You can see my art at www.heatherbrownart.com

Mahalo!

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Blue Magazine "Hope for Japan" Issue

Aloha,

 A few weeks ago I was asked to contribute to a special edition of Blue Magazine. Blue Magazine, for those of you who do not know, is the premiere surf magazine in Japan. I was actually honored a few years ago to create the art for one of their covers. You can check them out here: BLUE MAGAZINE

This contribution was for the newest issue of Blue, "Hope for Japan"

I created a new piece of original art for the magazine called "Waves of Aloha" it is a 10"x10" acrylic painting on stretched canvas. I have not released photos of it yet because I was waiting for the magazine to come out. Well I received the magazine yesterday and I have been so filled with hope and joy and positive feelings for the people of Japan since I set eyes on it and looked through at all of the pictures and contributions from such great artists, surfers and musicians. I am so happy to see so many people come together and unify as one to not only help Japan physically or monetarily, but also just to show people the tremendous support that we can have as people on this earth towards our brothers and sisters around the world. As people, we truly can drop our differences and come together to help each other out, lets all try and do this each day!

I am now going to post and sell the original piece of art, with 100% of the proceeds going directly to the Japan Red Cross March 11 Disaster Relief Fund. You can find the art on my website and the picture below will connect you directly to it.

North Shore Oahu's own Heather Brow created this original art for the "Hope for Japan" issue of Japanese Surf Magazine Blue.  Available now with all proceed going to the japan Red Cross

Blue magazine Japan "Hope for Japan" cover

Heather Brown featured in Blue Magazines "Hope for Japan" issue

No comments:

Post a Comment