Aloha!

My name is Heather Brown and I am an artist on the North Shore of Oahu. You can see my art at www.heatherbrownart.com

Mahalo!

Monday, August 18, 2014

Heather Brown Southern California Shows August 2014

Aloha and Happy Monday!

Just leaving San Diego from a fun filled 4 days of surf, shows and great people!

This was my first trip back to Southern California in over 2-3 years so I was nervous and excited! I am always nervous to see if people will come out to the shows and if the art I donate will sell and make the necessary money for the charities I believe in and after such a long hiatus between California shows, I was not sure what would happen.

I was so pleasantly surprised when we rolled up to my first show at Bliss 101 to see how many people had come out to see my show there with friend and fellow artist Susan Wickstand Roche! We had such a fun night that went till after 11 pm because so many people had come out! Mahalo nui loa to the great and attentive staff at Bliss 101 in Encinitas and to everyone who came out and waited on lines. I had a great time meeting so many new people as well as getting to see lots of old friends from my time growing up in Southern California.
bliss 101
"Under The Aloha Sun" show at Bliss 101 in Encinitas with Heather Brown and Susan Wickstrand Roche 
surf art show
Hawaii Artist Heather Brown at Bliss 101 "Under the Aloha Sun" Show August 2014

hawaii artist  california
Heather Brown Art at Bliss 101 in Encinitas California

heather brown art show
Under The Aloha Sun Surf Art Show with Heather Brown and Susan Wickstrand Roche at Bliss 101 in Encinitas California August 2014

The next couple of days were spent participating in events for the 2014 UCSD Moore's Cancer Research Center 21st annual Luau and Legends of Surfing Invitational
Some of you may know that I was honored to be asked to paint the main art creative for this years event that went on the posters, tees, etc and I donated the original "La Jolla Sunset" for the main auction as well in efforts to raise money for much needed cancer research.
Well the events were all so fun and I was able to "fan out" on lots of the surfers that I have looked up in our great lifestyle. Below are some random pictures from the events.
I am also so happy to report that my art raised almost $20,000 (an event record) with all money going directly to cancer research!!

Heather Brown at the VIP Party in La Jolla for the 2014 UCSD Moore's Cancer Research Center 21st annual Luau and Legends of Surfing Invitational
 I have looked through old books and magazines for years and always see the beautiful during images of Denny Aaberg and it was great to meet him in person!
Heather Brown and Surfing Legend Denny Aaberg at the 2014 UCSD Moore's Cancer Research Center 21st annual Luau and Legends of Surfing Invitational 
It was so nice to meet Guy Takayama in person. I have always been a fan of Donald's and Raymond Takayama. Guy is filled with ALOHA and was so nice!
Heather Brown with Guy Takayama at the 2014 UCSD Moore's Cancer Research Center 21st annual Luau and Legends of Surfing Invitational
 Ira Opper has arguably done more for surf and action sports films than anyone out there.
Heather Brown and Ira Opper at the 2014 UCSD Moore's Cancer Research Center 21st annual Luau and Legends of Surfing Invitational
 Just about neighbors back home on the North Shore of Oahu, Sometime we need to travel this far to see each other! Always a pleasure seeing Jock Sutherland
Heather Brown and Surfing Legend Jock Sutherland at the 2014 UCSD Moore's Cancer Research Center 21st annual Luau and Legends of Surfing Invitational
 As a female surfer, I have always looked up to a few key females in the sport and lifestyle we live and Lisa Anderson is arguably the most prolific in modern times.
Heather Brown and Lisa Anderson at the 2014 UCSD Moore's Cancer Research Center 21st annual Luau and Legends of Surfing Invitational
 Are you kidding me!!! Shaun Thompson!!! Glad the picture turned out purple so you could not see how red I was!
Heather Brown and Shaun Thompson at the 2014 UCSD Moore's Cancer Research Center 21st annual Luau and Legends of Surfing Invitational
 The Live Auction for my main art piece at the 2014 UCSD Moore's Cancer Research Center 21st annual Luau and Legends of Surfing Invitational. The piece auctioned for a record $16,000! with all money going directly to cancer research.
Heather Brown Art Auction at the 2014 UCSD Moore's Cancer Research Center 21st annual Luau and Legends of Surfing Invitational
 Wingnut! Need I say more! not only such a cool surfer, but one of the coolest guys! Had a blast and was filled with ALOHA!
Heather Brown and Wingnut from The Endless Summer 2 at the 2014 UCSD Moore's Cancer Research Center 21st annual Luau and Legends of Surfing Invitational
Always great seeing other friends and artists as our paths cross in different oceanic locales around the world! Wade Koniakowsky is one of our favorites and I am equally stoked to have my art in his gallery in Solana Beach!
Heather Brown and Wade Koniakowsky at the 2014 UCSD Moore's Cancer Research Center 21st annual Luau and Legends of Surfing Invitational
 Below in the board that was shaped by San Diego Shaping Icon Hank Warner with my art from the event on the nose. Happy to say that the winning bid for this board was $3,000 with all proceeds going directly to cancer research!
Heather Brown Surfboard at the 2014 UCSD Moore's Cancer Research Center 21st annual Luau and Legends of Surfing Invitational
SO now I make the drive from San Diego to our Telluride Colorado studio to get hard at work for my upcoming Japan and Australia tour coning up this October!
I will be back on Oahu and doing shows through the Triple Crown season with a show at Mu'umu'u Heaven in Kailua on November 13, 2014. I have create dthe main art creative for the Surfrider Foundation's annual John Kelly Awards on November 15, 2014 ( I will be in attendance and have some pieces for the auctions there)
Then on December 13, 2014 I will be taking part in the annual group surf art show at The Wyland Gallery in Haleiwa!
The Captain Surfs and I are also working on one more show that we hope to be showing on Oahu this December if we can make it happen in time! I will keep you posted on all the details!

Mahalo for taking your time and reading through this LONG blog! I am truly honored to be able to create art everyday and I have all of you to thank for it! From the bottom of my heart, Mahalo Nui Loa for the continued support over the years! I am looking forward to many more with you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment