Aloha!

My name is Heather Brown and I am an artist on the North Shore of Oahu. You can see my art at www.heatherbrownart.com

Mahalo!

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Heather Brown Art Spring Tour 2014 Week 4 and End of Tour!

Aloha!

Wow!! What a month! That was the longest tour I have done without being at home at all through it and it sure was fun and exciting and also exhausting and my head is still spinning a bit!

First off, I would like to thank everyone from The Heather Brown Galleries in Tokyo and Osaka for all of their hard work all month traveling with us, packing and unpacking art, and all the great customer service to everyone! I am so lucky to have such a great team to work with when I am in Japan!
I also want to thank the people from The Greenroom Festival and Galleries in Japan for such great shows and making us feel at home, The Takiashimaya Stores, WTW,  and Sagamihara Isetan!
Most of all I want to thank all of our friends, fans, collectors that came out to see the shows through out the month! It was so nice meeting so many new people and seeing so many familiar faces throughout the country! Mahalo Nui Loa for all of your patience and support!

Below are some photos and fun from the last week of my tour. I will be working hard in the studio for the next 6 weeks or so getting ready for my summer shows back here in Hawai'i! To check my show schedule, you can always go to my website, www.HeatherBrownArt.com and go HERE

heather brown art
Heather Brown Surf Art Show WTW Japan May 2014
 We took 2 days off and had a great relaxation time in Hakone.
hawaii artist heather brown
Getting a nature fix up in Hakone Japan.

Heather Brown Waterfalling in Hakone Japan
We finished the tour at the annual Greenroom Festival in Yokohama, Japan. This was the 10 year anniversary for the festival and this was the 6th year I have participated in it. As always, this event in definitely one of my favorites! Great music, GREAT art from artists from around the world, and great food ands people all around having a great time for 2 days.

This year, The Captain Surfs had a wall of art in the main art gallery too! This picture is of his wall of art from the Festival.

the captain surfs
The Captain Surfs Art at The Greenroom Festival 2014

The first few pieces in set up are always the most difficult for me. Here we go!
surf art
Hawaii Surf Artist Heather Brown Setting up her original art for the 2014 Greenroom Festival in Yokohama Japan

hawaii artist heather brown
Heather Brown Surf Art Originals at the 2014 Greenroom Festival in Yokohama Japan 

So I have been working with Vans Japan on a new limited edition shoe to come out soon (sorry, it is only coming out in Japan, I would love to do some more if anyone from Vans wants to do some! hint hint! ha ha) This was the first time I got to see the pre production samples!

heather brown art
Heather Brown X Vans Collaboration Shoe in Japan May 2014

This year The Heather Brown Gallery had one of the outside containers and I loved it because it had a really nice gallery type feel but I did miss being with all of the other artists up on the gallery floor.

hawaii artist heather brown
Heather Brown Art at the 2014 Greenroom Festival in Yokohama Japan

 Some random pictures from the 2014 Greenroom Festival.

It's always nice to catch up with friends on the road, in Japan we get to see so many of our friends from around the globe (often more than we see anyone at home!)

Here we are with Southern California Artist Susan Wickstrand Roche, always nice to hang out with her and her husband Kevin.
surf art
Heather Brown, Susan Wickstrand Roche and The Captain Surfs at Greenroom Festival 2014

u-ske
Japanese Surf Photographer U-Ske and Hawaii Surf Artist Heather Brown at the 2014 Greenroom Festival

surf art
Heather Brown and Greg Kaplan from Plate Lunch Special at the the 2014 Greenroom Festival  
I had a chance to meet one of my favorite surfers Chris Del Moro. I have one of his LoveBird model surfboards from Bing Surfboards that I love!
hawaii artist heather brown
Heather Brown and Chris Del Moro at the 2014 Greenroom Festival in Yokohama Japan

Greenroom Festival 2014 crowd at The Heather Brown Gallery booth 2014
 Grant Brittain is one of the most influential skateboard photographers ever! We were beyond stoked to be able to share some time with him this year.

Heather Brown, Grant Brittain and The Captain Surfs at the 2014 Greenroom Festival
my last week show schedule in Japan!



There is nothing like the feeling of looking out the plane window and the first sight of home!


No comments:

Post a Comment