Aloha!

My name is Heather Brown and I am an artist on the North Shore of Oahu. You can see my art at www.heatherbrownart.com

Mahalo!

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Heather Brown Art and Book Signing Tour Spring 2014 1st Week.

Aloha Everyone!

Wow!, first week of the tour has blown by and we are heading Kansai today to start the next leg!
It has been so much fun so far, I am looking forward to the upcoming shows and travelling!

Here are a bunch of photos to show our journey at this point this tour.


So we have been on a whirlwind of touring and meetings and creating art the past few months, Chris (the captain surfs) and I have been enjoying snow seasons in Telluride the past few years and have been working from our studio in the forrest up there this past winter (and getting in some snowboarding!) This was our yard at the studio on April 27, 2014!! We got like 16 inches of snow in the day or so before we left!
Our studio in Telluride Colorado on April 27, 2014
I love old cars and trucks and I thought this just made a cool picture.
Telluride Town April 27, 2014
Leaving the Rockies for the season and heading home…….well at least for a few hours we will be at home!
heather brown colorado art
Heather Brown Leaving the Rockies for the Season

When we returned to Hawaii, we were only there for less than 2 days, so the great folks at Greenroom Gallery Hawaii put us in this great hotel room at the Sheraton Waikiki, I think the view was exactly what I needed to recharge and defrost from a couple of months in the snow. Best of all, we overlooked my favorite surf break in Waikiki and even got to get a fun surf for a few hours the next morning with the right tides. Hawaii No Ka Oi!
And then we landed here…… Heather Brown Waikiki Spring 2014
It's so fun to play tourist at home, especially when you get to soak in great Hawaiian music, hula and the warmth of the Island
I never get tired of Hawaiian Music and Hula
So many little guys would come up to our lanai to hang out, so I thought it would only be right to offer them some pupu's!
Meeting new friends and gaining inspiration in Waikiki
We had a great show at Greenroom Hawaii and early the next morning we were back on a plane heading to Tokyo. My first 3 days in a row in Tokyo were filled with shows and fun. The first show was to celebrate the 5 year Anniversary of The Heather Brown Gallery in Daikanyama, Shibuya, Tokyo Japan. I still can not believe it has been 5 years since we first opened. Our first actual space was in Aoyama and was about the size of a small 1 car garage, hidden on a side street (but so beautiful!!) and we would do some amazing shows there. Shortly after, we moved to our new location in Daikanyama, and it is my favorite gallery space I have ever been in. I hope you get to visit one day if you have not already!
Thank you to everyone who came out for the show, it was a blast! Thank you also to everyone whoa has been supporting The Heather Brown Galleries and my art for the past decade, I am overwhelmed and oh so HAPPY!! I hope to continue making art that brings smiles to faces and ALOHA to hearts around the World for the upcoming decades!

Heather Brown Gallery Tokyo 5 year Anniversary Show
 Upstairs at The Heather Brown Gallery in Daikanyama, Tokyo, Japan.
Heather Brown Gallery Tokyo 5 Year Anniversary Show
 We have met so many special people in the past 10+ years of touring, and this is one of the stand outs. Shigeru has been to so many tours both in Japan and the USA and has documented my art career through pictures  (which he makes us special picture books from each event) We are not only so thankful for his great pictures and support, but he has become one of our many true friends that we have met along the way and we always look forward to meeting up! Mahalo for the beautiful flowers too!
hawaii art
Heather Brown and Great Friend and Long Time Supporter and unofficial official best Gallery Photographer ever, Mr Shigeru Ono!

It was so great to see so many snowboards selling from my new collaboration with Elan Snowboards!
heather brown élan snowboard
Heather Brown Signing new Eland Snowboard with her Art 

The next day I did some interviews and held a signing at The Odaiba Hawaii Festival. I have created the art for this festival for the last 4 years now, and this one "Bird Ohana" is my favorite to date. It is always very surreal for me to see my art around like this. I wish I could explain the feeling, well I am so happy that the Odaiba Hawaii Festival connects with the feelings of my art and I am so happy to work with them. As a side note, they also sell stickers with this art with all the money going to Childrens charities!

I do have a limited edition of this piece on canvas that you can find here: http://www.heatherbrownart.com/collections/canvas-prints/products/bird-ohana
or at any galleries that carry my work!
The signing was so busy, there were over 400 people in line with books and art, so I had to go really quickly and did not have much time to talk, but thank you so much to everyone who came out and sorry I had to be so quick, but I wanted to make sure we could get to everyone.
hawaii artist heather brown
Heather Brown and Her Art for the 2014 Odaiba Hawaii Festival
 Backstage at the Odaiba Hawaii Festival with The Captain Surfs and some beautiful Hula dancers that we got to watch perform.
Heather Brown and The Captain Surfs with the Beautiful Hula Girls at the 2014 Odaiba Hawaii Festival
 The following day I had an event at the first ever Hana Wahine Festival in Shibuya Tokyo.


hawaii artist surf
Heather Brown at Hana Wahine Festival Tokyo May 2014
Following the show, we wen tout for some Oishi (delicious) Ramen and Gyoza and shared some laughs!

Ramen and Celebration with friends in Tokyo
 and yes…… I eat Ramen every chance I get, it is so great and each place makes it a bit different. The Captain Surfs thinks that eventually we will make a "Ramen Tour Book" ha ha
Heather Brown loving the many Ramen's of Japan


 Thanks for hanging in there, hope I didn't bore you too much with this, but this is what has happened the past week or so.. On to Kobe today where I will be doing a  show at WTW in Kobe today, May 9, 2014. For my full tour schedule, please check this link : http://heatherbrownart.blogspot.jp/2014/03/heather-brown-japan-2014-spring-tour.html


No comments:

Post a Comment