Aloha!

My name is Heather Brown and I am an artist on the North Shore of Oahu. You can see my art at www.heatherbrownart.com

Mahalo!

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Hawaii Surf Artist Heather Brown Releases First Two Inspiration Photos Printed on Wood Panels

Aloha!

I have been so busy gearing up for my upcoming Japan tour and painting lots of new art for the shows! Getting ready to leave on Thursday and I am so excited!

Since I moved to Hawai'i, I have always had a camera of some sort with me to document imagery that inspires me (which is just about everywhere I go in Hawai'i!!) I keep a large file that I look through every few months and while I was looking through them a couple of weeks ago, I thought it would be neat to release some of them to show the actual images I get inspired from when I am painting.

The first two are printed on birch wood panels and framed with reclaimed pine wood by The Captain

I will have them with me on tour in Japan this coming week and I am also releasing them on my website now! (please be patient as the first orders will ship out after October 22, when I return)

Well, I hope you like them, I really love them because I am asked so often "what inspires you" and I have always been much better at visual imagery rather than speaking and writing.

The first one is "Pineapple Truck" this photo was taken on the pineapple road heading down in Haleiwa. The colors and the dust just popped out to me so I stopped the car to get some photo's, and I really loved the feel of this one, it reminds me of the North Shore every time I look at it.


pineapple heather brown
Hawaii Artist Heather Brown's "Pineapple Truck" Inspiration Photo
The second is called "My Old Bike" I took this photo at Haleiwa Beach park in about 2004 or so. When I was living right in Haleiwa Town, I used to ride my bike everywhere and find all the little nooks and crannies that made the North Shore special. This photo is dream like to me and I will always remember those times where I had more time in the field researching and less in the studio painting.


Surf Artist Heather Brown's "My Old Bike" Inspiration Photo
Thanks for reading everyone and as always Mahalo Nui Loa (thank you very much) for all of your continued support over the years!
If you are in Japan, please check the previous blog for my upcoming tour dates, places and times. Aloha!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment