Aloha!

My name is Heather Brown and I am an artist on the North Shore of Oahu. You can see my art at www.heatherbrownart.com

Mahalo!

Friday, October 30, 2015

Hawaii Surf Artist Heather Brown releases 2 brand new limited edition canvasses!

Happy ALOHA Friday!!

I hope you all had a great week and are looking forward to an even better weekend!! It has been such a great week here on the North Shore with lots of new swells and beautiful weather!

I am happy to announce that our (Chris and I's) little company, Heather Brown Art, has been chosen to win the Hawai'i based business award for the 2015 John Kelly Awards hosted by The Surfrider Foundation to be held on November 14, 2015 at Waimea Valley. You can find information and tickets for this great event here: 2015 John Kelly Awards by Surfrider Foundation Oahu
We are beyond thrilled to be acknowledged for our efforts in keeping our Hawai'i company earth and ocean friendly. We have worked tirelessly for years to change the business paradigm and prove to ourselves and others that you can run a successful business and be a conscious human being at the same time. Mahalo Surfrider!!

I was also honored to be asked to create the art again for the event. This year's theme is Sacred Places  and for this years art I painted a piece of the Moli'i Fishpond located on the East side of Oahu. Moli'i is one of only 4 original fishponds left on Oahu and is thought to be here from the earliest Hawaiian settlements on Oahu. It is such a beautiful and serene area and I am so happy to work with organizations around the World that fight to protect these sacred places for future generations to enjoy.


hawaii art surfrider foundation
Moli'i Fishpond by Hawaii Surf Artist Heather Brown for 2015 John Kelly Awards by Surfrider Foundation
The second new release is called "Surf N Sea" With 2015 being the 50th anniversary of the famous Haleiwa Surf N Sea Surf Shop I wanted to capture the feeling that I have when I drive by this classic shop. It is such a fun shop with such great people and just driving by and seeing the bright yellow exterior and surfboards lining the exterior walls makes me happy!


haleiwa surf n sea
Heather Brown paints the iconic Haleiwa Surf N Sea for the 50th Anniversary of the North Shore Oahu Shop 
Both new releases are available as Limited Edition Giclees in an edition of only 250 worldwide as well as each having a 25 piece Hand Highlighted Artist Proof Edition! Check HeatherBrownArt.com for these pieces and many more or go to your favorite gallery that supports my art and tell them I said "ALOHA" 

Mahalo nui loa for your continued support!

No comments:

Post a Comment