Aloha!

My name is Heather Brown and I am an artist on the North Shore of Oahu. You can see my art at www.heatherbrownart.com

Mahalo!

Thursday, January 23, 2020

The Creation of Heather Brown's Diamond Head Surf Art Limited Release print

In about 2003-2004 I was surfing out at Pop's in Waikiki on a gorgeous summer day. The water was the most beautiful blue, the whitewater dancing off the sea surface, the sun shining down upon us and the absolute beauty of Le'ahi, the Hawaiian name for Diamond Head, washing over me.
I must have studied it for hours and barely caught a wave as I watched the puffy white clouds slowly move behind the beautiful natural monument as if they were trying to show off Le'ahi for all of us lucky enough to see it. I must have watched until about a half hour past sunset watching the last bits of light refract of the beautiful curves.
I caught a wave in, rushed onto my moped, rode home and went directly to my easel to try and capture some of what I saw that day. After a few different renditions over the next couple of weeks, I finally decided that this was the version that I wanted to release out to the world.
I always hope that as much as the joy and Aloha are transmitted through my paintings, so is the Beauty that we all need to cherish and protect.
Diamond Head is now available as a Limited Release Fine Art print on paper We offer it framed in a float mount frame in black or white and also rolled for each and cheap shipping and you can put it in the frame of your choice .

Diamond Head by Modern Surf Artist Heather Brown

Tropical Surf Art of Diamond Head by Heather Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment