Aloha!

My name is Heather Brown and I am an artist on the North Shore of Oahu. You can see my art at www.heatherbrownart.com

Mahalo!

Saturday, April 29, 2017

Hawai"i Artist Heather Brown creates main visual for 2017 Odaiba Hawai'i Festival

Aloha Everyone!

Stoked to announce that one of my projects in the studio the winter has finally become public! I created a new piece called Hula Girl for the 2017 Odaiba Hawai'i Festival held just outside Tokyo each year. This is the largest Hawaiian festival in Japan each year showcasing the beauty of Hula, Hawaiian music, art, and of course, great food!
This was my first ever attempt at painting a hula girl. For years i have been concentrating my creative efforts on the beauty of Hawaii art, tropical art, surf art but have always shied away from trying to depict a hula girl I was hesitant because of my fear of doing it wrong. To me, the art of hula, has always had me in absolute awe. From the beauty of the preparation that these beautiful artists go through, the years and years of training, not only on the actual movements but of the history and reasoning, to the storytelling through their movements on stage! This to me was what Hawai'i was when I was a little girl and to me, it still speaks HAWAI'I so loudly to me. I am happy that I finally made the attempt, and I am happy with the piece, I hope you enjoy it as well.

Here is the main visual for the 2017 Odaiba Hawai'i festival.

heather brown gallery japan
Odaiba Hawai'i Festival Art by Heather Brown 
Hula Girl is now also available as a limited edition giclee on canvas, an open edition matted print on paper as well as a fun UV print on wood panel.
Here is my Hula Girl piece as it is available:
heather brown hawaiian art popular
Hawai'i tropical surf artist Heather Brown releases Hula Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment