Aloha!

My name is Heather Brown and I am an artist on the North Shore of Oahu. You can see my art at www.heatherbrownart.com

Mahalo!

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Heather Brown Surf Art 2016 Japan Spring Tour Wrap Up

Aloha!
I am back home at my studio in Hawai'i and still trying to catch up on sleep and figure out what day it is after getting back from my Spring Japan tour. I had a great time, as always in Japan, and it was so nice to see so many friends old and new alike throughout my couple of weeks there! I am also totally humbled and appreciate that so many people came out to see me and my art and how much ALOHA everyone shared with me.
I have a hard time really doing a good wrap up of the tour as it was a whirl wind of weeks, but I will try my best!
Once again, mahalo! Mahalo! MAHALO!! to everyone who came out to my shows, to all the staff from The Heather Brown Galleries in Tokyo and Osaka, to WTW, Dear by Ark, The Greenroom Festival and my ever so loving and supporting husband/manager of making all of this happen for me! And a BIG BIG Mahalo to all of you that follow and support my art from afar! You constantly motivate me to be a better artist and person. Mahalo nui loa!!

Here are some photos from the tour.

This photo was taken at The Heather Brown Gallery in Daikanyama, Tokyo at the beginning of my tour. If you have a chance to see the gallery in person, I definitely suggest it. Every time I get a chance to visit, I feel so comfortable and at home there, it feels like a cool old beach house in the middle of the city. I also love how the gallery staff displays the art.
godmother of modern surf art
Hawaii surf artist Heather Brown at The Heather Brown Gallery in Daikanyama, Tokyo Japan May 2016

Here is a wall of original art that I created for my shows at The Heather Brown Gallery in Tokyo and Osaka. I like the mix of surf art, hawaiiana art, tropical art and of course the cute characters!

heather brown birds
Heather Brown Original Art

As the shows wind down, we always love to take a few photos with the staff and some of the great friends that hang out till the end. This is on the second floor of The Heather Brown Gallery in Daikanyama, Tokyo

Heather Brown and Friends. Heather Brown Gallery Tokyo May 2016

 We opened a second gallery in Japan is Osaka a few years back and it is always a favorite stop on my tours in Japan. I really love going Kansai side and experiencing the different foods and people. SO much fun in Osaka!

Hawaii Tropical Artist Heather Brown at her Osaka Japan Gallery May 2016

This tour I did a couple of weekday events at some of the great accounts around the country that have been supporting my art. This photo was taken at Dear by Ark. SO much ALOHA here! I was totally overwhelmed and full of gratitude!
Hawaii Surf Artist Heather Brown at Dear By Ark, Japan 2016

About 7 years ago Chris and I had a meeting with a company that was talking to us about opening up a new store called WTW. Since then, they have not only opened 1 store, but multiples around the country. They have graciously supported my art since their opening days and continue to show so much love and support. This was at the WTW Aoyama location.

Heather Brown with staff of WTW Aoyama, Japan May 2016

 Spring tour dates are always ultimately decided by my favorite event each year, The Annual Greenroom Festival in Yokohama Japan. This was my 8th year in a row participating in this epic event that celebrates surf art, music and film and basically the entire lifestyle we live. The first year I participated there were maybe a few hundred attendees, flash forward to present day and WOW!! There must have been 25,000+ people each day. It is such a great finale to the tour and I love seeing the great music lineups, fellow artist friends from around the world, fans from the past years and new ones alike. So thankful to be a part of this great event each year!

Heather Brown Gallery booth at the 2016 Greenroom Surf Art and Music Festival Yokohama Japan

Heather Brown Gallery booth at the 2016 Greenroom Surf Art and Music Festival Yokohama Japan

Each year I produce a separate body of original surf art for the Greenroom Festival. The 4 pieces on the top row are the pieces I created for this years festival. They are sold out, but I really enjoyed the direction of these pieces, so I plan to paint more for summer shows and hope to publish one or two in the upcoming months.

hawaii artist heather brown
Heather Brown showcases new surf art originals at the 2016 Greenroom Festival in Yokohama Japan



hawaii artist
Heather Brown Tropical art at the 2016 Greenroom Festival in Yokohama Japan
My husband and business partner is also a fellow artist that goes by the name The Captain Surfs (sometimes, ha ha) This was his display at the 2016 Greenroom Festival

The Captain Surfs at the 2016 Greenroom Festival


No comments:

Post a Comment