Aloha!

My name is Heather Brown and I am an artist on the North Shore of Oahu. You can see my art at www.heatherbrownart.com

Mahalo!

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Girls Day by Heather Brown

Aloha and Happy Girls Day!

March 3rd is Girls Day in Hawai'i.

Hinamatsuri, or Girls' Day, takes place every March 3 and is mostly celebrated by Hawaii families of Japanese and Okinawan descent. Early Japanese immigrants first brought the holiday to the Islands.

I made this piece called Girls Day a couple of years ago and it always makes me feel good to look at it. To me it depicts the perfect day with your best friend living your dream. Tropical art to me is always soothing and brings me to a happy place, I hope it does the same for you! Mahalo and Aloha for your continued support of my surf art!

surfing girls big waves
Hawaii Surf Girls painted by Heather Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment