Aloha!

My name is Heather Brown and I am an artist on the North Shore of Oahu. You can see my art at www.heatherbrownart.com

Mahalo!

Saturday, October 3, 2015

First day of Heather Brown Surf Art Japan Fall Tour 2015

Aloha Everyone!

I made it to Japan safe and sound with lots of new original art in tow!!


heather brown gallery
Heather Brown arrives in Tokyo for her 2015 Japan Fall Tour
Happy to be in Japan during this beautiful fall weather and really stoked on my first show of the tour yesterday at The Heather Brown Gallery in Daikanyama, Shibuya, Tokyo!

I am so in love with our gallery space here in Tokyo! Exactly what I would have always dreamt of and a fitting place for me and my art. we are in our 7th year of having the gallery in Tokyo and it's so nice to have a great feeling of home when I am here!

hawaii artist
The Heather Brown Surf Art Gallery in Daikanyama, Shibuya, Tokyo Japan October 2015

Not the North Shore, that's for sure! I do love the early morning beauty of the city and the sky seemed extra clear after the last typhoon.
Ebisu area of Tokyo October 2, 2015 Photo by Heather Brown
I love the juxtaposition of the serene nature in the middle of one of the busiest cities in the world.
Shibuya Tokyo Japan waterfall. Photo by Heather Brown
Big MAHALO to everyone who came out to see me and my art yesterday! It is always so nice to come back to Heather Brown Gallery shows and see so many great old friends, fans, collectors and just totally friendly and happy people!

heather brown art
Hawai'i artist Heather Brown at her surf art gallery in Tokyo Japan, The Heather Brown Gallery

 So humbled and thankful for the huge outpouring of support that I have here in Japan and stoked to know The Heather Brown Gallery has become a great part of the Daikanyama, Shibuya area. Mahalo to all for waiting!!
art galleries japan
Heather Brown Gallery Tokyo October 3, 2015
 I've said it before and I will say it again and again, I truly have the best, friendliest, coolest, nicest, most beautiful fans in the world! Mahalo for all of your continued support either through shows and events or online, you all make me tear with joy daily. Mahalo for showing me how sweet humans can really be!
godmother of modern surf art heather brown
Surf Artist Heather Brown poses for a quick photo during her Heather Brown Gallery Tokyo show 10.3.15

For those of you who are not in the area and want to get a taste of what the gallery looks like, these pictures are the second floor room. I love it so much! Would love to have my house look like this!!
iconic surf artist
Heather Brown Gallery Daikanyama Tokyo October 2015

hawaii artist in japan
Heather Brown surf art originals at Heather Brown Gallery Shibuya Japan


godmother of modern surf art heather brown
Heather Brown Gallery Tokyo Japan October 2015
 Mahalo to all that came out to make my first show of the tour such a huge success and so much fun!!
japan art galleries
Heather Brown signing original skateboard art at Heather Brown Gallery October 3, 2015
 HUGE MAHALO to our great staff at Heather Brown Gallery in Tokyo for doing such a great job in all the preparations for the event and handling all the sales and people with such great attitudes and ALOHA! I can make art but you guys make the Heather Brown Gallery. MAHALO NUI LOA!!

surf art japan
Hawaii surf artist Heather Brown with the Heather Brown Gallery Tokyo Staff October 3, 2015 surf art show
Today, Sunday October 4, 2015 I will be having a signing event at Tsutaya Shonan! You can see all the dates of my shows on this tour , past shows and future dates around the world on my website here!

hawaii artist japan
Heather Brown 2015 Fall Japan Surf Art Tour

No comments:

Post a Comment