Aloha!

My name is Heather Brown and I am an artist on the North Shore of Oahu. You can see my art at www.heatherbrownart.com

Mahalo!

Friday, August 29, 2014

Surf Artist Heather Brown Releases Two New Christmas Cards for 2014! Originals Available!

Happy ALOHA Friday!!

I hope everyone had a great week! It flew by here!!

If you have seen my art for a while now, you may have noticed that each year or so I release a new Christmas card for the season. This started about 8-9 years ago when I was commissioned by Jack and Kim Johnson to create a Christmas card for their family. I really had fun with it and have done a few since. This is the first Holiday card I ever did below.

bird art
Heather Brown Art Holiday Card


This year I decided to release two new cards because I have had these two ideas in my head since last February!! ha ha

The first is "Christmas Tree" The Captain and I spend a lot of time at our studio in Telluride Colorado when we are not back on the North Shore or on tour and Telluride has such beautiful sunny days that each afternoon a bunch of cold weather hardened birds would come and hang out in one of our big pine trees. Right away I was reminded of the old claymation Christmas specials on TV and Cinderella  where the birds and animals are all decorating for the joyous holiday season and this piece has been in my mind ever since. The christmas cards will be available within the next couple of weeks and the Original is now available on my website. Clicking on the picture below will  take you directly to my website for purchasing options.

bird art
Hawaii Artist Heather Brown 2014 Christmas Tree Christmas Card

The other card that I created is "Christmas Surf" I would guess that you know how much I like to paint cute little birds by now! ha ha So for this piece I initially envisioned a piece with Santa and some elves on a board but wanted to make it a bit more me, so I made them into fun little birds enjoying the days after Christmas in Waikiki. The christmas cards will be available within the next couple of weeks and the Original is now available on my website. Clicking on the picture below will  take you directly to my website for purchasing options.

surf artist
Surf Art Christmas Card by Surf Artist Heather Brown
I hope everyone has a HAPPY weekend! Sorry to rush Christmas to you, but I usually get told I am way too late!

No comments:

Post a Comment