Aloha!

My name is Heather Brown and I am an artist on the North Shore of Oahu. You can see my art at www.heatherbrownart.com

Mahalo!

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

New Heather Brown Linocuts Now Available! Skateboard Study #1

Aloha!

I hope everyone is having a great week so far, I am super busy preparing for this coming weekends Haleiwa Arts Festival on Saturday and SUnday July 20,21, 2013. I f you are on Island, I would love to see you there, I will be there all day on both days with a big booth near the food concessions and will be unveilling 4 new matted prints on sugar cane paper as well as many new originals!

As you may have seen, last weekend I helped in support of The Captains Skateboard Company, Hawaii Skateboard Company , at the Greenroom Gallery show in Waikiki. I pressed a very special limited edition linocut for the show and for my website. I named it "Skateboard Study #1"

I have always had a huge love and admiration of skateboarding and can get lost in a day of rolling around endlessly. I also have always loved the actual parts that make up skateboarding, the shapes, textures, sizes an aging process of the parts due to use. This is my first "study" of skateboarding parts and reveals the tail of the skateboard, the trucks and wheels. The print is limited to 4 color ways and only 10 prints in each color. You can also choose to have each print framed in one of our reclaimed wood frames that we make up here on the North Shore of Oahu!

Heather Brown Limited Edition Linocut "Skateboard Study #1 Blue"

Heather Brown Limited Edition Linocut "Skateboard Study #1 Brown"

Heather Brown Limited Edition Linocut "Skateboard Study #1 Turquoise"

Heather Brown Limited Edition Linocut "Skateboard Study #1 Green"

1 comment:

  1. these are rad Heather!! Remember that time I busted my face! All I wanted was sushi and you said.. " I think we need to go home first" haha. We gatta find that flip video!! Love to you!

    ReplyDelete