Aloha!

My name is Heather Brown and I am an artist on the North Shore of Oahu. You can see my art at www.heatherbrownart.com

Mahalo!

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

2 New Limited Edition Giclees Just Released by North Shore Oahu Surf Artist Heather Brown

Aloha!

As many of you might have known, on January 2, 2012 I had a solo show at The Wyland Gallery in Waikiki. The show was a huge success and so much fun to spend time with long time friends, collectors and new faces as well!
At the show I introduced two new published originals, "Hawai'i Hale" and "Anuenue"
These images are now available as limited edition giclees (edition of only 100 worldwide) as well as in the Artist Proof Edition (only 10, all hand highlighted by me)

Hawai'i Hale (Hawaiian Home) has been a painting that has been circulating in my head for a few years now, I had once done a painting that had a small beach house in it, but it wasn't much of the focus. My dream, along with many others, has always been to live in a nice simple beach house in Hawai'i on a semi-secluded beach with a great fun wave right outside my doorstep. This painting really gives me the feeling of that dream every time I look at it and brings a huge smile to my face as I hope it does to you as well. The original was a 30x40 and sold at the show. The giclees and AP's are now available on my website as well as at the Fine Galleries Worldwide that support my art.

"Hawai'i Hale" by Hawaii Artist Heather Brown

Anuenue (Hawaiian for Rainbow) was an original originally created for Rip Curl for the Rip Curl by Heather Brown line that I have been designing for a few years now. Rip Curl has become such a huge part of my Ohana (family) in the past years and each time I get to meet with them and discuss ideas on the beach on the North Shore of Oahu, ideas just flow like the waves hitting the sand. Anuenue started as a real light sketch and idea just for the design team, but as I got into it, I quickly realized that I wanted to make this into a full painting and as more and more interviewers and visitors to my studio saw it and commented on how much they loved it, it affirmed to me that this was a piece to be published into my portfolio as a new limited edition giclee (only 100 worldwide) as well as an Artist Proof edition of only 10 hand highlighted pieces. The original sold at the show.  I hope you enjoy it as much as we all have because you can not look at a rainbow with a frown!

"Anuenue" by North Shore Oahu Surf Artist Heather Brown


1 comment: