Aloha!

My name is Heather Brown and I am an artist on the North Shore of Oahu. You can see my art at www.heatherbrownart.com

Mahalo!

Monday, July 25, 2011

2011 Hawaiian Islands Vintage Surf Auction

Aloha All and Happy Monday!

Wow! What a weekend at the 2011 Hawaiian Islands Vintage Surf Auction that Randy Rarrick holds every other year (unfortunately I think that this was the last one!?) It was a great event and so nice to see so many good old friends, artists, surfboard shapers and of course just plain legends!
This year we had a small art gallery up as well with 10 different surf artists from around the country and it was a really nice extra to go along with the auction.

I even had the chance to meet the real life Gidget!

Heather Brown and "Gidget" at the 2011 Hawaiian Islands Vintage Surf Auction

I also met surfing and shaping legend Greg Noll

North Shore Artist Heather Brown with Surfing/shaping LEGEND Greg Noll
Chris and I bought a piece of art for our house from good friend and great artist Wade Koniakowski

Chris, Surf Artist Wade Koniakowsky and Surf Artist Heather Brown with new Wade Art!

I brought an original painted on an Alaia that Chris shaped, some originals on skateboards and this original on canvas. All originals are sold except this one below. This is a 24"x30" original on stretched canvas gallery wrapped (art wraps around the edges so framing is not necessary)

Orignal Art by North Shore Oahu Surf Artist Heather Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment