Aloha!

My name is Heather Brown and I am an artist on the North Shore of Oahu. You can see my art at www.heatherbrownart.com

Mahalo!

Thursday, March 10, 2011

New Limited Edition Silkscreen Print Released "Namotu" by Heather Brown

Aloha All!

I know I have been slack about posting, but we were on our 3 week honeymoon in the Maldives, and the surf was too much fun! We are now back and right back in action, just before I left I finished this edition of silkscreen prints called "Namotu"
Last year Chris and I were fortunate enough to spend a few weeks on Namotu Island in Fiji. We surfed fun waves everyday in warm tropical waters with fish jumping all around and had the best time, not too mention how great the crew on Namotu was too!
I gained so much inspiration from that trip and it came out in many paintings that I have done since. I was also really inspired to create a simple silkscreen image to capture my feeling of the trip, this is what I came up with. I hope you all like it! The edition size is limited to only 50 standard limited edition prints and 8 Hand Highlighted Artist Proof prints. They are also available in 100% reclaimed wooden frames made right here in my studio on the North Shore of Oahu using reclaimed wood from old North Shore beach homes that have been torn down.



Surf Artist Heather Brown capturing the peaceful essence of a great surf trip to Namotu Island, Fiji


Artist Proof #1/8 of "Namotu" Hand Pulled silkscreen by North Shore Oahu Artist Heather Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment